Sunday, June 03, 2012

project {dream catcher}

Oh me - Oh my - time does fly...

Over Memorial weekend I wanted to make some dream catcher earrings during Rendezvous <camping but during the time period of 1830's>.  I went to Joann's to get all my supplies before the weekend came.  I wanted them to be somewhat time period correct, but also practical enough for me to enjoy them on a day to day period at work or something.  The Rendezvous got cancelled due to the weather but I decided to make them anyway, in the spirit of my first vacation holiday after starting work.

It turned out the making of the earrings actually took about a day longer than expected and I only finished one hoop.  Mostly because they were turning out so big I couldn't see me being able to wear them as earrings.  I started out wanting to make the webbing out of thin gauge wire, which became a nightmare, and then I changed to embroidery string.  I'm glad I finished my project, but I won't be making anymore dream catchers in the future.  I did go back to Joann's to get some earring hardware to make beaded earrings for future rendezvous and to use up some of the hundreds of glass beads I bought.

Memorial weekend turned out to be full of severe thunderstorms, but I did get a few pictures of some grape smelling iris's.  {flickr}




I was going to make some cute earrings to go with my new prized possession this past week/weekend too, but got too busy.  This week Andrew and I booked two camping trips.  The first one is next weekend.  We are going to Crow Wing State Park, and the second is up in the boundary waters at Bear Head Lake State Park over Labor Day weekend.  We are also cracking down to get in contact with apartments about availability of August tenants.  The more we look at apartments the more we want to live in a house or duplex.  For the same amount of money we can get a lot more space and features, like a garage and laundry unit.

Next weekend is our first camping trip so this weekend we got all of our stuff together and planned.  I'm super excited.  This will be our first camping trip we take just the two of us.  After 4 years, it's about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment