Friday, June 29, 2012

{the summer buzz}

I have been so busy the last month, I forgot I even had a blog for a few weeks.  Since Memorial day we -

Went camping!  Highlight < it was nice to spend some one on one time together, it had been the first time we were actually by ourselves for the first time since Korea >  
Low < I found 12 ticks on me... Andrew got ONE>

We signed a lease on an apartment! We move in August 1st.  I am very excited to be moving closer to work.  I will actually be within a couple of miles and plan on biking to work on nice days.  Andrew  has taken lots of pictures and measurements of our new place and we get to pick out the carpet and accent wall to be painted in a few weeks.  We only have 4 weeks till we move in and still need to find a bed and get things ready to move.  Once we get moved in I hope to do a before and after blog post of our new home.  These are a few pictures of our place and the floor plan Andrew has thrown together.


This is our screened in porch on the third level with vaulted ceilings, and our view.




I went home two weeks ago for Father's Day and my mom's "29" birthday.  I told her when I turn 29 in 5 years she is getting bumped to "39".  It was a nice weekend but I was very busy packing up all my stuff for them to move up the first weekend of August.

Work has been going well.  I've been putting in a lot of over time and working from home after work hours the last couple of weeks.  Unfortunately my daily/weekly "design juices" have been dedicated to work and my blog is quickly turning into a monthly design blog.  I hope that once I no longer have to spend 2 hours of my day commuting to/from work that I will have more design inspiration to blog about.

Added to my list of creative to-dos are:  Making a duvet cover for our lime-green comforter that will go on our bed, and making a headboard for our new bedroom. 
I've blogged about these before in inspiration {do it myself} <--see link for source details

























We are going shopping tomorrow to pick out some furniture and a few things for the apartment tomorrow.  I hope the crabby shopper in both of us can keep contained, for it will probably be a long day of shopping and debating which things we like more.

Andrew's sister, Angela, is also getting married in 7 weeks and so there is a lot to do before the wedding.  Last weekend there was a bridal shower in their hometown and it was a reality check of how much work there is to be done still.  I'm hoping to produce some creative juices this weekend and work on some digital work for her wedding.  I'll be sure to blog about it when I'm done.

In two weeks I'll be flying to Chicago for work!!!  I get to go to a job site and document where we are installing all of the signs.  We will be there for 3 days and then I will fly home Friday, when Andrew will pick me up and we will go to our first Rendezvous of the year with his parents. 

Not much on my end for artsy stuff to show, but I'm hoping to get my act together soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment