Tuesday, September 11, 2012

project {suede headboard} DIY

In my past post {Claudia Bell + Albert} I showed you the plans I had to make my own headboard.  I finally found the time to do it!  It took me about 8 hours from start to finish, not including shopping time for the materials.  It would have taken me longer too, had Andrew not helped me for the last 4 hours, stapling and screwing pieces together.

All together the final cost was about 75-100 dollars after all the rebates for the wood and coupons/sales for the fabric and foam.  On average a king size suede headboard priced at about 400 - 600 dollars.  That's huge savings!

Here are a few pictures of the process and the end result.  At the end I added a few of the calculated notes I used to figure out the best way to cut my material with the limited amout of fabric I had.    I found it in the clearance section at Joann Fabric and just bought what was left on the roll.  Typically fabric like this would run about $40/yard.  I got it for about $5/yard.

If anyone is interested in a detailed description of the process, feel free to comment or email me with questions.





No comments:

Post a Comment