Friday, March 30, 2012

color theory {color picker}

This was also one of my inspirations for the last two weeks.  The website Design Seeds creates color palettes using photos that the designer buys from people.  I always loved the colors and palettes that she puts together and I wanted to do the same thing, but with my own photos that I have taken.  I have decided that I will add this to my weekly list of things to blog, along with a weekly project and inspiration post. 

So here is how I did it.  Using Photoshop I edited the photo and then put it in Illustrator where I used the eyedropper tool to select colors from the photo.  Then looking at the HSB levels I chose 5 colors that would work well together in a color scheme.  I was so excited about how it turned out that I quickly threw together a little icon using the colors and photo.



I've also posted all of my color theory sheets on flickr  if you would like to download them.  Here are a list of my website links I used to gather my information:

Color Theory for Designer, Part I II & III
Basic Color Schemes - Introduction to Color Theory
Choosing a Monochromatic Color Palette in Photoshop
Color Tutorial
Color Theory, The Color Wheel & Color Schemes

Interactive Color Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment