Friday, March 30, 2012

color theory {vocabulary}

The next part of color theory to understand is the vocabulary.  I find that I often use a term like, tone or shade, and don't actually know the difference.  And there is a difference.  When learning about tones I kept asking myself how do I add black, white and gray.  I knew how to add black in CMYK, but that's not how you add black to a color.  That changes the hue altogether.





I've also posted all of my color theory sheets on flickr  if you would like to download them.  Here are a list of my website links I used to gather my information:

Color Theory for Designer, Part I II & III
Basic Color Schemes - Introduction to Color Theory
Choosing a Monochromatic Color Palette in Photoshop
Color Tutorial
Color Theory, The Color Wheel & Color Schemes

Interactive Color Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment